Milton Baseball Youth Night
Click here for details.
AYBA 12U All-Stars – 2017 Cooperstown Tryouts
It’s time for Cooperstown! Tryouts will be Sunday 3/19 from 3:30-7:30pm Wills Park - Field C
AYBA will be making its annual trip to Cooperstown Dreams Park in upstate New York, July 7th through 13th.
The Cooperstown tournament is one of the most prestigious in the US and is a great baseball experience and so much more!
What You Need To Know:
- • Players must be registered in the current 11/12u AYBA Spring Recreation program (Select Division or American Division)
- • Players must be 12 years old or turn 12 on or before April 30th, 2017
- • Tryouts will be held on Sunday March 19th from 3:30 – 7:30 PM at Wills Park - Field C
- • Tryouts are mandatory for consideration, please plan to be at tryouts the entire time
- • If for some reason you can’t make the tryout, but still wish to be considered, please contact Scott Orban (email@example.com) in advance of the tryout date
- • The team will begin local tournament play in late May and will play in 4-5 local tournaments prior to attending Cooperstown
- • The estimated budget per player for the summer All-Star/Cooperstown season is roughly $2,000 (not including transportation or lodging)
- • Many fundraising options will be available to help offset this cost
If you plan to attend the tryout or if you have any questions please contact Scott Orban at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Players that turn 12 years old on May 1st or later, will be eligible for the 2017 Cooperstown team next summer.
Announcing the AYBA Sponsor Referral Program
Refer a new sponsor to AYBA and if they agree to a sponsorship ($500 minimum) you get $100 credit/refund against a single season registration. Multiple sponsors can be referred, but total refund cannot exceed total registration fees paid to AYBA.
To submit a sponsor or if you have any questions, simply send your name, email address, and phone number, and the company name, contact name, phone number and email address to AYBA Sponsor Program.
AYBA Bat Rules
The AYBA Recreation League adopted the new Dizzy Dean bat rules on August 1st, 2012. The net-net of the new rules are:
• 4-12 year olds –Bat must have a certified "BPF 1.15" label. Big barrel bats up to 2 & 3/4 inches in diameter are allowed for 9-12 yr olds.
• 13-14 year olds - Bat must have a certified "BPF 1.15" label or be a drop 3 BBCOR certified bat. Diameter m...ust be 2 5/8 inches or less.
• 15-18 year olds – Bat must be a drop 3 BBCOR certified bat. Diameter must be 2 5/8 inches or less.